-->

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I ♥ Boracay

Our Boracay Trip!

November 20, 2010

Around 2:30PM, anticipating the traffic in the metro, we already prepared our bags and went to NAIA Terminal 3 to wait for the team and for the flight. We arrived at around 4:00PM and decided to buy some snack.



Just a few minutes after my team mates arrived in the airport with the exception of Josh. We were scheduled to board the plane at 5 but he arrived just a few minutes before that. So he hurried up, checked in and we all rushed and boarded the plane.



Anjela was pretty excited riding the plane...

I'm not sure what time we arrived at Kalibo Airport but we managed to take some pictures.



We were looking for our shuttle and it took us a few minutes because we were not included in island tour bus list. Erick called the hotel and was able to straightened things out. It took more than one hour for the bus ride. Good thing Mr. Bean was on TV but after the show, everyone just fell asleep.



Finally we arrived at the Caticlan Port where we were supposed to ride a roro to Boracay island. It was raining that time but not that hard.



Then we arrived in Boracay, another shuttle was waiting for us. They brought us to our hotel, Island Nook. It was really clean, even the comfort room's clean. Air condition's ok and bed's comfy.



We left our bags and went to the beach shore for dinner. We tried the eat-all-you worth 300 pesos, where we ordered, grilled pork, squid, shrimp, buttered oysters, and some more foods.



After eating, Anjela enjoyed playing in the sand, while Alwyn was a bit pissed off coz the sand that Anjela throws goes to his food LOL! After a few minutes we headed back to the hotel to sleep.

November 21, 2010

I woke up super early! Breakfast was prepared at around 7:00AM. It was included in the hotel package. The hotel attendant informed us that they have a contact who can help us with our activities at a very affordable price. We met Kuya Nino and we decided to go on helmet diving and island hopping trip.

First stop: Helmet diving

At first I was thinking if I'll really do this one coz I don't know how to swim, but then only 2 folks on our team can swim. So I finally agreed to join this activity. We were given a short training on how to breathe under water and was thought on what to do incase we encounter problems. This helmet diving package also includes a CD of under water pictures and video. We also have 3 tour guides to assist us.

The helmet weighs at around 25 kg if you're not in the water but once you're in the water it'll only weigh at around 5 kg. So it's my turn to dive, I was a bit nervous but i did it! I was under the sea! with the fishes. It was fun, we were feeding the fishes and we took some pictures. To think that I don't know how to swim, it was one of a kind experience.

After our helmet diving experience, we went island hoping then the other peeps went snorkeling. They were asking me to try it too but i just stayed in the boat instead and took pictures. We were also able to passed by Manny Pacquiao's resort in Boracay (think it's still under renovation). We even saw a twister from a far (not that big, but still a scary thing to see). It started to rain when we reached Puka Beach. There, we decided to have lunch. I even had a bruise on my ankle coz when I went down the platform from the boat, it hit me when the waves came in. It was bleeding but it was not that big.

We had grilled pork, sea foods and my favorite sinigang for lunch. After lunch, Alwyn and I decided to ride the tricycle instead of the boat since Alwyn's not feeling well and my foot was swollen. A few minutes after, the rest of the team arrived in the hotel. We all took a nap and at night we had lunch.

post signature

No comments: