-->

Friday, August 19, 2011

My Number One

Today's Anjela's presentation for Timpalak Bigkasan. I went home early from work, had some coffee (though i wasn't able to finish it) then we went straight to their school. The program started past 8:00 am. Good thing Anjela and her classmates were the second batch to perform.

I just stood near Anjela's seat so that she'll feel more comfortable. She kept on eating while waiting for their turn to recite. When it was finally their turn, she was the third one to recite. I was surprised to hear her two classmates who were able to clearly deliver the poem with so much hand gestures (which Anjela lacks a lot).

Then it's Anjela's turn. Before she went in front of the audience, I told her that i'll recite with her (moral support to the nth level). She stood up went straight to the middle of the hall room and just started reciting the poem with the actions that I taught her. While I'm holding my camera on one hand and my ipod (for video) on the other hand, I see her just looking straight back at me and not minding all the other people who were watching that very moment. She followed all the hand gestures that I was doing until she finished reciting the poem. (Mother and daughter connection - Priceless!)

We went to the canteen to grab something to eat. We waited for all the other grade levels to finish then we weng back to the hallroom for the announcement of winners. I didn't expect anymore since they are all winners already. Anjela and her classmates were asked to go back infront of the room. The judge then called the 2nd runner up winner. I was waiting for the judge to say Anjela's name but she was not called. I said, not bad she got 1st runner up award. Then again she was not called. Anjela was proclaimed the winner!

Who would have thought that Anjela will be the champion. I'm so proud and happy. Good job baby! ILY

post signature

No comments: