-->

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 1: Vacation Leave

it's the start of my 5-day vacation! Yey!

After work, I went to Pasig with my Tatay for my Tita Mer's follow up check up. We went to the doctor to check if the pressure on her eyes improved. She was checked last Thursday and the doctor said that her right eye has glaucoma.

I asked the doctor what glaucoma is and he said that it's when water gets stuck in the eye then it builds pressure that will cause blindness. It usually happens to people above 60, diabetic and it's also hereditary.

She was given medications last Thursday to lower the pressure (Normal pressure is 10-20 but my Tita's eye was 65). When she was checked today, the pressure of her eyes went to 56 but still above the normal pressure.

The doctor gave us recommendation for operation to cure my Tita's eye. The left eye is not yet affected but the doctor said that he can already see some diabetes complications. He also said that it's also possible that the left eye will undergo operation to make sure that it won't have glaucoma.

It's a really sad day for us. We still don't have the money for her operation. Even if she will be brought to a public hospital, we need to have money for the medications. It will take time since she has diabetes..

For now all we can do is pray for her and continue with her medicines.

I know we'll be able to go through this ordeal.

On a brighter note, since it's freakin hot, my cousins and I decided to refresh ourselves. So we headed to the clubhouse and dipped in the pool. What a cool way to end the day. To bad the pictures were erased. BOOOOOOO!



post signature

No comments: