-->

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

My Blackberry Experience

A review on Globe's service...

I finally decided to apply for one of Globe's plan for Blackberry phone. After asking some of my close friends who were also subscribed to Globe's plan. I then prepared my documents and applied.

April 13, 2012

Location: Globe Business Center, SM Marikina

I already had my application form filled up and when the representative was checking the information on that form, she then told me that I need to provide 2 month copy of my credit card's account statement. I was only able to bring one month's copy since I have other documents however since I work in a BPO industry, they require the credit card's statement. As per the representative once I have all the requirements, they will process it in 3-5 days.

Since I was really tired that day, I just decided to complete my application on another branch, Globe Business Center, Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall.

April 15, 2012

Location: Globe Business Center, Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall

Having my 2 month statement of account in hand, I was able to talk to Ian, one of Globe's representatives in the branch. He told me that it'll take 2-3 business days or a maximum of 1 week for the application to be processed. Everything went well and our transaction only took minutes.

A few hours later, I received a text message from Ian asking me for a copy of my marriage contract since the name that I use in my credit card's still my maiden name and it's different from the name that I used in the form.


April 16, 2012


I went to Globe, Sta Lucia and gave them a copy of my marriage contract. I was informed that i'll just receive a phone call regarding the application.



April 19, 2012



True enough, I received a phone call from a Globe representative, verifying the information that I provided.


April 21, 2012



I received another phone call, and again for verification of my billing address. I asked how long this would take and he told me that the application will probably be approved either Monday or Tuesday

Monday and Tuesday came but still no phone call


April 26, 2012


I went to Globe Sta. Lucia to talk to Ian. He clearly explained to me the reason why it's taking time. They depend on the head office for approval and right now the head office is trying to contact my employer. Weird enough and knowing that it's a BPO, they're contacting the number that I provided during the day wherein they work at night (so tell me how can they really contact anyone from the office? common sense where are you?) I provided alternate contact numbers to make the process faster.


April 28, 2012


Again I went to the branch and asked Ian for a status, he told me that he wasn't able to add the alternate number since the head office is not yet asking for it. I asked how many instances should they contact my employer before they ask for the alternate number and how long will this take, he wasn't able to give me a clear reply. He informed me that for other branches, they have head approver which makes application faster. He then suggested that I can apply in another branch and just cancel the other application if in case the other branch will be able to process it first. And so that's what I did! and by the way I told Ian that their program sucks coz it really did.


April 30, 2012


I went to Globe, SM Marikina for another application. This time, Earl assisted me. Guess what, my application was approved in less than 10 minutes. Kudos for a very smooth and fast transaction even if your card reader's offline.


May 1, 2012


I went again to Sta Lucia to talk to Ian regarding the cancellation of my application (I don't wanna be billed twice so I am just making sure). Unfortunately he's not yet in. The guard asked for my contact number so that Ian can call me. So he did. I told him what happened and he was nice enough to assist me with the cancellation.

Now i'm enjoying my BB! Until then Bbye everyone! :)

post signature

No comments: